Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Providence Hall!

Kee'Onu started fourth grade, and Ku'uipo started second grade at Providence Hall in Herriman.
I love their uniforms!


So I have to say that I am excited that they started school and they absolutely loved their first day. They each made friends already and they love their teachers, however I HATED the driving rush. We are about 20 minutes away from their school. I leave here at 8AM get there at about 8:20AM drop them off, (after waiting in a huge carpool line), Then drive home. I get here at about 8:50Am. Get Ke'Lao and Aja breakfast and then get them ready and then we leave again at 11:40AM. I drop him off at school at noon, then me and Aja drive back home. I may get some cleaning done--(ya right) Then at 3PM I leave again for the 20 minute drive to go and get them. They are out at 3:30PM but with the way the carpool lane was I did not even see my kids until 4:00PM. Then we got home at about 4:25PM. I drove 90 miles in one day. Kevin and I want our kids to have the best education and I feel that this school can provide that. It is a charter school in the Jordan School District. The thing that really appealed to me was the bilingual curriculum and the music program. The kids should know Spanish very well and have the opportunity to learn to play an instrument. Ku'uipo already came home singing a hola and chao song. They also wear uniforms which I guess could be a good thing. I was sad because I like the kids cute clothes and all, but now I think the uniforms are stinkin cute also. Well lets hope I can find someone to carpool with or that gas prices go way down.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Glad they all had a great first day of school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so darling. I'm glad they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such beautiful grandkids, yes it comes from me LOL:-) Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete