Thursday, October 9, 2008

Best Buds!



Since Keo has started school Aja has had a hard time adjusting to the fact that her playmate is gone. It is sad for her but yet I am finding that it is a wonderful time for Kev and I to play with her and dote on her. She sure does enjoy that. She also gets so excited to go and drive the 25 minutes to pick them up. Too bad that she falls asleep nearly everyday in the car. What a sweet joy she is.

So since I am pregnant here is some venting that I must do. I have to give myself painful shots everyday twice a day. For those of you who do not know, I have a clotting disorder that was discovered when I was pregnant with Ki'Aja. It can be life threatening and in order to prevent blood clots I have to give myself shots, IN THE STOMACH, where the baby is, it is awkward but a must. I usually have the lovenox but the shots are $2200 a month, and my portion of that is $440. So I had to do the mail order 3 month supply and it is only $87. I am so thankful for insurance! The lovenox is not here yet, so In the meantime I have to give myself heparin shots, which are painful. My tummy is already black and blue, due to the blood thinner. So the lovenox should be here this week and that will be good and less painful.

I am exhausted and the early signs of nausea are beginning. I have what I call pass-out moments where I see a bed and cannot resist to lay down and fall asleep. This can be dangerous with 4 children running around. So I have to stay far away from the bed when I am supposed to be the mom. But again sometimes it happens and my kiddies are amazing at playing by themselves, like in the hose so they flood the sandbox, and the neighbors yard, in the cereal which is spilled everywhere on the floor, in paint, fingernail polish, on the phone calling 911, and you name it...They have done it when I fall asleep. So hopefully the energy will return and then I can return to being the mom.

4 comments:

  1. Ow! I didn't know you had to give yourself the shots twice a day. I would hate that! Come on Lovenox, hurry and get your butt here so Stacie's tummy can take a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sickness and fatigue passes soon! As far as the shots go...OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy- I'm sorry I am slow at responding. I love your blog, it's so cute! Your kids are so beautiful! So cute!!! Tell Kevin "hi" for me and a big hug to both of you! I can't wait to read up on how you're feeling with number 5!!! That's awesome!!!

    Thanks for saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 5th baby! That is so fun. I hate to hear you have to give yourself shots you poor thing. The things we go through for these sweet kiddies! (you have it worse I must say though). Your kids are SO beautiful. Its so fun seeing their pictures. Hope all goes well for you guys over the next 9 (or less) months.

    ReplyDelete