Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ginger to the rescue.


Kevin woke up on Friday and decided he did not want his wife in bed complaining about nausea anymore!!! So he looked online for secret nausea remedies and such. He found that ginger, lemon and honey are old ways to battle the vomitous nature of the pregnant lady. He came home with fresh ginger, ginger tablets, honey and ginger powder stuff. I always roll my eyes at his non medication nature. He got that from his Dad who hates docs and drugs. Two of the things that I have found to save me from my wretchful pregnant life. Anyways, I took it reluctantly and had the best day that I have had in 10 days. It may have been my psychological response to the remedy but either way I was able to make dinner, clean the kitchen, feed all the WJ police officers baked potato soup, and even light a fire in the bedroom (wink, wink) if you know what I mean! So I took another ginger thing before bed and was able to go to the grocery store, sadly I dry heaved in the aisle of store and embarrassed Ku'uipo. She looked up at me with panic in her eyes asking me if I needed a drink. I could not respond because I was concentrating on breathing. Kevin came back from the aisle with ginger snaps, convinced that any form of ginger would do! By the time we got home I needed a nap and another ginger deal. Well it worked for the sutle nausea but today it is not as promising. Maybe because I am soooooo tired!?! I just love Kevin for trying and maybe it will work, but I know I may need to pull out the big guns that my doc prescribed me. He does not want me to have a PICC line so he says take the pills if needed. I will save those for when I am not keeping anything down and the dehydration is bad, but as for now the ginger is the real deal!

5 comments:

  1. nice! I will have to pass on that info to other ladies that are pregnant. Hopefully, one of my sisters soon! LOL. I can just see Ku'uipo's face in the store while you're dry heaving.hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Stacie, I am officially caught up! ::sheesh:: I am behind! Congrats on baby number 5. You are so beautiful! What a lovely family. Hang in there!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. What do you mean light a candle? You'll have to explain. In great detail. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so making me not want to have another baby! I hear ya and I am glad the ginger worked for you at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also you could try accupunture/accupressure. I hear it works wonders. Hope you lose the sickness part of pregnancy soon.

    ReplyDelete