Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ka'Lya comes home!

This is my babe! She looks like a little doll. We put her in the shelf to show how small she is. She was wide awake right after my mom bathed her. She looks like a monkey. That is one of those willow tree angels on the right. It sort of shows how small she is.
This is her car seat that she came home in. She weighs under 5lbs. She came home weighing 1905 grams. This is about 4lbs 3oz. She is our tiniest baby we have ever brought home. She is doing so well though. We were worried today would not be the day because last night she weighed 1860 grams and on 04/28/09 she weighed 1865 grams so she lost 5 grams and that would mean she did not gain so she could not come home. But with prayers on our side they decided to weigh her in the morning and she gained! We were so happy to find out.

This is Ku'uipo's doll she got for Christmas. Her name is Kayla, kinda weird that it is spelled just like Ka'Lya with the Y moved around. Anyways, Kevin calls her doll Oprah and she gets so mad, but today she brought her down and it showed how truly small Kya is. We laughed and laughed.


My Dad, Kya's Papa came to see her and love her. He has such a special connection with her. When I got pregnant Kevin and I swore it was a boy. I know there is a little boy to come to our family one day, so I assumed this was going to him. My dad prayed for the baby often and when he did say a prayer he often said, "please bless HER to be healthy and strong." Every time he did it my mom would question him why he said HER. He would look at her puzzled and then say, "Did I?" It happened 3 times. He knew that she was a she. I did not find out the sex of her until 6 ultrasounds later. My dad knew her and she knows him. I love you Papa!

Keo was excited to see her but not as excited to hold her forever. He looked at her loved and walked away to play.
Ki'Aja thinks she is soooo big!

I have never seen Kee'Onu so happy! He has been our worry wart. His prayers to bless Ka'Lya have become very emotional for him, and once he saw how she is OK he became relaxed and could not wait to love her in his arms!
Here is the little mommy! She thinks she's going to get up with her every night!! Ha. That will get old real fast. I told her she can take the weekends. LOL.

Today was the most rewarding day! Everything that Kevin and I anticipated and planned for happened today. What a wonderful spiritual day. We got up to the hospital at 10AM and we were out of there by 10:45AM. They got us in and out. We were so happy. We came home and just had a nice family night with the kids and a nice dinner. My wonderful mom came over and bathed her. I will post those pics tomorrow. My mom also helped us clean the house and get it all baby fresh feelin'. What a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! I'm so glad you finally got to bring her home. I've still got 5 weeks and I'm sure it will be 5 weeks. I'm NEVER early. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete