Saturday, May 2, 2009

4lb. footloooong!

Yesterday I took Kya to be weighed at the doctors office. She only weighed 4lbs, which means she has lost 3 ounces according to the scale. However I did have to take her to her pediatrician to be able to get a baseline weight on their scales since they can be different. I just don't think they are that different! It scared me and made us even more diligent in waking her up and feeding her until she cannot suck anymore. She gets so tired so easy. It is really sad to me that we have to practically force the food down her throat. She has a minimum that she has to eat which is a little more than an ounce, or 34 cc's. If she can eat that much every 3 hours then she will most likely gain weight unless she is burning too many calories trying to stay warm.
My mom is so funny when she changes her and dresses her. It makes me laugh because every noise Ka'Lya makes she asks me, "Is that OK, or is she OK?" I have to tell her over and over that she is fine. She will not even watch her alone because she is worried that she will choke. She does occasionally choke on her bottle but you just pick her up and pat her back. I guess if my mom is that paranoid it is good that someone else be there to comfort my mom so she does not panic.

Kevin's wonderful friend Keith came over yesterday and saved us. We are putting in a fence, and my dad brought his truck over and took our Tahoe, but he left the wrong keys, so we had no vehicle to get the fence posts and all. Well Kevin will not call and ask people for help, but when we really need it I dare to. I called Keith and within 20 minutes he was at our house with his truck, he dropped everything to come and help us. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that we have. It is a comfort to know that there are people in our lives who we can count on when we need it. Anyways, I got them Subway and he was smart enough to take a picture of Kya by the sandwich. It shows her tiny body. So here is our 4lb footlong.
I also have to thank Casey, Kevin's brother. He is doing the fence for us. He recently moved back from AZ with his wife, Shauna and their 2 adorable kids. It is so nice to have them back. I love them and am thankful that Casey can help us out so that when our little one starts walking no worries that she will wander to the front yard. It will also be nice for Keo and Aja who tend to think they are bigger than they are. Again thanks Casey and Keith!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! Could I come and hold her on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is so tiny. I never see my kids at that size! She is so darling. Your mom told me you can't find the cream headband. Lets plan a day us girls can get together and make bows. I know Brit just made some but who can't use more hair bows!! Let me know if that will work for you since you are the one with the busy new mommy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only Jenkins would think of that:-)Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete