Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ka'Lya 24-48 hours old.

Ka'Lya is so sweet. Here her face looks like it has filled out, she looks healthy and gorgeous!

My best friends. Cami and Alisha. They were so lovely, since they know the U's hospital food is the most disgusting food on the planet, they brought me my favorite Italian Village Pizza Bender! I was so thankful, I even ate the whole thing and wanted more. Thanks guys for coming and seeing my beautiful babe.
Here is Kevin and his sweet sparkle in his eye. He glows as a Dad. The spiritual connection that he and Kya has is so strong. When I was pregnant with her she was very active. On those days that I realized I had not felt her move I would panic and call Kevin over. He would set his warm hand on my belly and she would kick within seconds. I would be squishing my belly, pushing on it, rubbing it and nothing and Kevin's warm hand and electric spirit awakened her and she had to let him know she was there. Now that she is out and in the hospital the connection is not only felt, but visible. I am allowed to nurse her every other feeding so I sit down and get ready for her and Kevin sits in the chair next to me. They hand her to me and I get situated, as soon as I try and get her to latch on I feel stress because it is so important that she grasps this. Kevin is very supportive and tries to talk Kya through it. This is awful! I know you are wondering why, heres why: The second Kevin sits down she begins looking and turning towards him. No words have been spoken and yet she knows he is there. The funny thing is when I am beginning to try and get her to latch on Kevin says "Come on Ka'Lya you can do it!" She stops focusing on me and begins routing towards Kevin. In the complete opposite direction of my breast!!! This happens over and over. I finally had to tell Kevin STOP. No more talking and scoot your chair back. He did and guess what she finally got the hang of latching on. Poor Kevin was sad that he had to be quiet, but more ecstatic that she is getting the hang of nursing. Tonight when we go I am going to get it on video so we can have it documented. I feel so blessed.

I just love this babe! I want to squish her cheeks and kiss them over and over! I also cannot wait to comb her hair and wash it. I am going to post the "Labor Day" hopefully tomorrow. It was such a magical experience full of peace and anticipation. It could not have been more perfect. I want to thank everyone who came to see her and us. We have the best friends and family in the world! Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I will be calling so we can come and visit! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! She is so cute!! I am so glad everything went well for you and that both of you are so healthy!
    And You look FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! Congratulations! I love the story about Kevin. That is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute. I can't wait to come see her when you are feeling up to visitors. I can't believe how much hair she has! We are going to have to upgrade to clippies really soon!!! She is absolutely darling just like the rest of your kids. I'm glad she got the hang of nursing. That is so stressful but so nice when it finally clicks. Can't wait to see more pics, and the real deal.

    ReplyDelete