Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ka'Lya 3-4 days old!



I absolutely love her binky. It is so cute and her head is barely bigger than it. Just to give you an idea of how little she is, her head is the size of a large orange. She is so sweet and when she sucks the binky it melts my heart.

Right after her first bath! She loved them scrubbing her head with the brush. Her bath was given on April 25, 2009 at about 7:30PM and she loved it. It did however wear her out and she was tired the entire next day.


Me and my baby Kya, she is 32 hours old. She is just like a little monkey. I want to update what her weight has been and how she has been doing. It has been bugging me that I have not documented it yet. So she was born on 04/22/09 at 5:30PM 16 1/2 inches long. She was passed through the window directly to the NICU. There they gave her some O2 to pink her up. Her apgar scores were 4 and 6, which is pretty good for a 33 weeker. They never had to give her O2 in a nasal cannula or even by intubation. By the next day April 23, early morning she was brought to the well baby nursery intermediate care. Here, in this nursery, we have a lot more privileges. We can hold her more often and even feed her. She did have a jaundice score of 6.2 and then on 4/24 a score of 7.2, which is normal. With age the bili will rise so it was a normal jump. She was under the lights until 4/25. After that her levels were good and she was taken off the lights. On Saturday when Kevin and I came to the hospital she was off the lights and nearly ready to be in an open crib. That night they put her in an open crib, which means no more isolette or AKA incubator. She did have a set back. She lost weight and was not eating as well, the nurses believe it is because of all the energy she was using to keep her body temperature up. It wore her out and she was having a hard time finding the energy to eat. They decided she was not ready for an open crib and they put her back in the isolette on Sunday around 12:30PM. I noticed a difference when I came to see her. I decided not to nurse her as often because she needed to gain her strength back.
Her weight has been pretty steady. They measure her in grams because it is more precise and they can see even the most minute loss or gain. Hopefully her weight will continue to rise.
Here is her weights 04/24/09 1770 g or 3lbs 14 oz.
04/25/09 1755 g or 3lbs 14 oz.
04/26/09 1750 g or 3lbs 14 oz.
04/27/09 1725 g or 3lbs 13 oz.
04/28/09 1735 g or 3lbs 13 oz.
I am about to nurse her and lets hope for the best!

2 comments:

  1. she's beautiful! I left you a message, call me so we can set up a time to come and visit. I know you're busy, but I gotta come and see your little monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys, she is so dang beautiful!!! I swear all of your kids should be little models... Keep us updated so that we can come and see her when she gets to come home. Let us know if you need anything, you know we would be happy to help in anyway that we can. Love Ya Both!!!

    ReplyDelete