Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Ke'Lao and his broken collar bone.

Feeling the pain.
Luckily Power Rangers were on at the hospital and that kept his mind off the pain.
Keo in his cool hat from Nana and Papa and his nice sling signed by all!



Saturday morning Ke'Lao decided he would be our entertainment and yes he was. He was wearing oversized pajamas and he used them to his advantage. He stuck his arms through his waste band all the way down and out his ankles. He announced he was spider boy and began parading around in a crouched position. I was laughing so hard and so were all my kids and Kaili and Sasha. When the laughter died down he laid on his back and said he was a bat. Then he decided he would be a bat and spin in the air still in a crouched position and still with his hands through his pants. This is when I heard the snap. He spun around and had no hands to brace his fall, but his right shoulder hit right in the right spot to break his clavicle. I was not sure at the time it was broken but when he hid his face and could not stop crying I knew it was not good. I woke Kevin up and had him look at it. It was then that we noticed a small knot and his pain was getting worse. Kevin and I took him to the ER and it was there that they took an X-ray and announced that it was busted:(
He was so strong when the triage nurse checked him in he stopped crying and just tried to stay strong. When we got in our room he let the tears fall, then when he saw Power Rangers he was able to keep his mind off of it. I have had to remind him that it is OK to cry and it is OK to say something hurts. I cannot believe a 5 year old can try so hard to be brave and strong.
I just have to say the he did amazing for breaking his bone. It was an A-frame break and we find out tomorrow if he needs to have surgery. I really hope he does not need surgery. He has done amazing and tried his best not to complain or even ask for the medication, Kev and I have had to make sure he takes it and remind him why it hurts and that he has to be careful. I love him so much and only wish I would have had the video camera to show off his hilarious spider boy!

2 comments:

  1. Let's be honest. This wasn't a surprising post. The surprising part is that there aren't more of the same subject. Get better soon buddy. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kiddo, glad to hear he won't need surgery, how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete