Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby update..Well not really.

So I went to the doc and nothing has changed which is good and bad. Good because I have not dilated more and I am not any more thinned. BAD because this babe likes to hide! I had another ultrasound and the tech said the baby is in a squatting position, which makes it very difficult to tell the sex of the baby. She did make a 60% guess after looking for a few minutes. I will not reveal what she said because I will announce it in a cute way IF I EVER FIND OUT! I want to do the nursery before the baby is here and if it is a girl I have the bedding and all the decor, so I will not have to do a lot, BUT if it is a boy we have a cute idea. The walls are already a dark deep barn red, soooo Kev and I want to do a Policeman fireman theme. We already have a lot of NYPD stuff from our trips to new York and with the red wall we will incorporate fireman stuff. So I am anxious to get started. My next ultrasound will be on February 11, so look for the post about what the baby is. I believe that I have decided if this next and FIFTH ultrasound we do not find out what we are having then I might as well be done and assume we are meant to be surprised!
I will also post a pregnancy pic by next week also. Right now it would be a waste since I am not showing. I think people do not believe I am pregnant and think that I am one of those psycho people who have told everyone they are having a baby but were never really pregnant, because when people at work or in my ward talk to me weekly they are constantly looking at my tummy. I can see they are searching for the "bump." Believe me I am too!
I am happy to say that I feel the babe move now and that has been a wonderful blessing. It has taken away anxiety and allowed Kevin to bond. It is so weird but when I try and nudge the baby to get it to move it never does, but when Kev lays his warm hand on my tummy it ALWAYS moves. He also has this tradition with every kid that I think is so hilarious. He puts his hand on my tummy and puts his mouth really close and shakes my tummy while asking, " Want a Cheeto? Huh, baby you want a cheeto???" Funny thing is I do not like cheetos and everyone of my kids and Kev do. There must be something to that...

4 comments:

  1. So fun Stacie! That's hilarious that Kevin asks the babies if they want a cheeto, then they turn out loving them. Can't wait to find out what you are having, that is, if you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I'm glad baby is moving, but think it's funny that it's hiding...maybe this baby will be shy! LOL Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacie,
    I can't believe you already started to dilate. You take care of yourself and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. I can't wait for you to find out either. :) I like the fireman theme nursery. I need to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete