Monday, January 19, 2009

Bye, bye to 8 inches :(

Ku'uipo has had it in her mind that she wanted her hair to be short. I would not listen. It has been months that she wanted this and it has been months that I have not. I grew up always having long hair. I loved my long hair, not to mention my mom loved loved it. She always said she could never grow her hair that long and she wanted her girls to be able to have long hair. I did not chop it all off until 2 1/2 years ago. I decided that if Kevin was OK with it and Ku'uipo was positive she wanted to do it, then I would support her. I did warn her that I would cry and cry I did....
Her hair right before.

Hair after the wash. She was so excited. It was right after this that it was chopped off, and I could not even bring myself to take pictures. I could barely see through my eyes with all the tears and sniffles. I mean she is beautiful anyways but I love her hair and I love the way I could do it when it was long. Kevin just laughed and laughed at me. I smacked him a few times. He said it is like crying over spilled milk---Ya right, I can clean that up in 30 seconds but it takes years to grow your hair back!!


Here she is with a piece of the long hair chopped off. I was staying very composed until we walked out and Kevin looked at me and smiled and then the serious tears began to fall! I do not even know why, I had no clue I was so invested in her hair. It is not even my own!


The back. It is very silky and very thick.

This is it, I just quickly dried it and curled it out. It is very thick and bouncy. She keeps twirling around and loving it and I guess that is all that matters. I am happy that she is not so attached to her hair that she hides behind it. I think I did that for a long time and it did feel good to cut it. I am also happy she is not the one crying because that would be even harder to deal with!!!


4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful inside and out! I think it shows her face off more! I'm glad she's loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It will grow back. I was the same as you, never really cut my hair when I was younger. Now, I grow it, I cut it, I grow it I cut it. I'm now growing it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. :) My daughter just did the same thing. We cut off 6 inches in the summer and just cut 8 more inches a few weeks ago. She didn't have a hard time, but I sure did. We had never cut it before, only trimmed. (You may have already read my blog about this.)

    Your daughter looks beautiful with her new style. As long as the kids are happy with their hair, I guess that's all that matters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there done that! I begged Jenna not to cut hers not too long ago with the very same thoughts - I'd always wished I'd never cut mine off cause it never did grow back either.I was 15. Jenna loved the change, of course she was 21!! Long hair is beautiful but it is fun to get it cut and Ku'uipo looks adorable! Jenna is growing hers back out she said, too much work to fix it every morning and with the baby coming, pony tails aren't a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete