Sunday, February 7, 2010

My artist Ku'uipo!

Ku'uipo Dawn is awesome. She had a report on Sea lions and when she came home she said, "my report is all done, but I want to make a Sea Lion out of fondant." I thought this sounded hard and almost impossible for a 9 year old. My mom came to the rescue and told me that she would help her do it. So Nana made the marshmallow filling and then dyed the fondant and sent it home with Ipo. The next day Ipo wanted help with the shape. I helped her slightly and she did not like it and did it her own way. I was cleaning out a closet at the time, and when I came out I saw this (above) with Kevin and her putting clear fingernail polish on it. I got mad at Kevin and said, "She is supposed to do it herself Kevin!" He told me he did nothing but helped her put toothpicks in the head to help it stay up. I was surprised and so very proud! She took it to her teacher and did her report, and then she decided to enter it into her inspirations contest with a theme "The Power of One!" She put something like, "If each person wanted to save one animal the world would be a better place!"
What happiness she brings! She had this vision and she created it. I love her so much and know she is going to be something great!

1 comment: