Thursday, February 11, 2010


I have recently become a blog stalker for people I do not even know. I have to say though that I have felt a bond and because of that I feel that I do know them, maybe in a heavenly way.
One of those blogs is the Staker Family.
Sara Staker had a tragic accident happen to her 14 month old son a few weeks ago. She painstakingly describes that day step by step without hesitation and with very raw detail.
If you want to have a good read, that will change you and the way you parent then begin here.

This past week I truly have been changed as a parent.
I recognize the simple moments that I may never have again. I gulp them up and breathe them in and hope to never forget!

I hope that I may always be reminded of the fragility of life and those moments that fleetingly pass with the blink of an eye. I have also learned the power of prayer. The heavens were beckoned by families across the globe. It was a moment I was able to teach my children how the power of prayer, and the power of prayer in numbers is priceless. I love this social media. I find it amazing and do not know how I survived without it!

3 comments:

  1. I found her blog the other day too and it made me so sad for their little family. But made me realize that miracles do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. She is friends with my friend Sinai and I saw her blog through Sinai's. Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a small world. Sara is a friend of my sis-in-law and she told me about their story. I am so grateful that things have turned out so well. What an absolutely incredible miracle! I get all teary just thinking about it. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to vicariously see Heavenly Father's miracles and blessings in others lives. It makes me appreciate the every day miracles that we are blessed with. Especially healthy children. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete