Sunday, March 7, 2010

Priceless~So very Priceless!




So Kev and I were going on a date last night, yet he decided to bring out our "collectibles bin." This bin houses me and Kev's many trinkets from our childhood. I used to collect erasers, yes, the kind that Erase pencil. I have many many. I used to get them from every birthday, Easter, and Christmas. Anyways, I think Ipo is going to carry on the tradition of collecting them. I cannot wait to spend money on the cute little things again! Well when he brought out the bin he found boxes of some little things here and there and on the top of one of the boxes was our patriarchal blessings and a letter. This beautiful letter was written in red pen and was titled, "Dear Aspen Alexis and kids" As you can see I was going to name my oldest daughter Aspen, never did happen, but I was. Well I thought how special this letter is and how precious and Priceless that these 5 pages are. I want it to be archived forever and ever, and the fact that it was written to my children before they were even here on earth, and before I was even married to Kevin is magical.

So I share this piece of work with you. Please know that is it special and somewhat sacred. I am young and do not have a lot of life experiences, but my love for my kids shows. Kev did come home and the next day we went out and talked about our life together and eternal marriage and March 20, 1998 we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. So again, keep in mind that I am 19 years old, young, and in love!
December 17, 1997
Tomorrow December 18, at 11:29AM your Dad will come home off his Chile Santiago East and South mission. He left December 27, 1995. I can honestly say that was the hardest time of my life. I loved your Dad more than anything. Let me tell you about our past.
Your Dad and I went to elementary school together. He was friends with my friends. All I remember was he was really good at four square. Then in middle school we both think that we had the same math class with Mr. Jensen. We can't remember though.
Then there was high school. Dad was friends with my friends. I can honestly say I always thought he was so cute. The very first time I talked to him was a stake dance. He asked me to dance and he said the funniest things to me. He said, "ya, I lost my legs in the war." I laughed. He used to always say, "Back in Nam..." He was always so funny. Then around January of 1995 I started to hang out with Casey. I was Casey's first date on April 4, 1995 we went to Girls Choice Dance together. We were really good friends. Your Dad and I were friends but we didn't know each other very well.
On March 23, 1995 your Dad came up on stage in the Bingham auditorium while I was doing the junior Prom assembly. He asked me to marry him on one knee. Then he stood up and in his hand he had about 5 .25 cent rings. I laughed again. What a cutie! Of course I said, "Yes." I chose the ring with a pearl on top. Over the next couple of months I never really talked to your Dad, but I did talk to Casey a lot.
On May 17, 1995 I called Dad's house and he answered I asked for Casey and he said, "hey why don't you ever call to talk to me?" So I said we can talk. We talked from 8PM to 6AM the next morning with no breaks. I can honestly say I felt something neat about Dad. We were so comfortable with each other.
The reason I am writing all of this to is so you know how much we love you. That night your Dad and I talked about you, our children. We said what we wanted for our children. We never mentioned the children as "ours" we said, "Well I want MY kids to...." But now that I think about it we were talking about Our kids.It was amazing. We both wanted the same things. I fell in love with your Dad that night. Later on in the week I prayed to Heavenly Father about your Dad. I asked if my feelings were right. They were. I knew that your Dad and I would marry one day.
I found out later on that Kev felt the same way. He went camping Thursday May 18, 1995 with friends and that is where he told them that he was going to marry me.
From then on we were inseparable. Your Dad always treated me very well. He never got angry and was always patient.
The best thing about your Dad is his love for the gospel. He is so perfect in my eyes. I love him very much. It took a lot for him to leave to serve the Lord. He has served his mission and he says he did it for our family. He has always believed that the way to raise a righteous family is to serve a worthy mission. Tomorrow he comes home from this mission. We will start our life together and prepare for you. You are not here yet but I can tell you that you are loved so very much. I cannot wait to be a mother and have a family.
I do want to say that while Dad was gone I truly realized how much I love him. I waited and dated. This was good for me to see how perfect your dad is. He is so righteous. I always said I would only marry a return missionary who is worthy to take me to the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Your Dad is. He is perfect I love him.
People say that the best that a Father can do for his kids is to love their mother. I can say he does. Throughout his mission he stood by me. He never gave up. I hope in your lifetime you will always respect your Dad because he has already done so much for you.
There is so many things I want to say. I know this is somewhat jumbled but there is a message. I want you to know that your parents loved you and prepared for you before you have even come to the earth. I also want you to know the importance of the gospel. I know with all my heart the way to true happiness is through righteousness. Please stay strong and choose the right. Never fall away from the true and everlasting gospel. I promise your life will be full if you stay pure. I love with all my heart. I pray that you understand how much I love your Dad, and am thankful for his sacrifices.
Love,
Your Mom :)

So there are some embarrassing things I write, but who cares 12 years ago is a long time. I love it and will cherish these words forever! Love you Kevin and Kids!

Disclaimer: Casey (Kevin's brother) and I were merely friends. Never in love, only friends. I write "I can honestly say" way too many times! Also, Kevin asked like 7 girls that month in high school to be his wife. He was always goofy like that. I am sure some of you reading this were also lucky enough to be his fiance (wink, wink)

4 comments:

  1. Haha! So cute and fun that you kept that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing. I remember Kev doing things like that. He was always so happy, upbeat and goofing off. What a gift to your family to have your written testimony of your love for your eternal companion and of the truthfulness & impact the gospel had/has on you. My testimony is stronger having read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That letter is Awesome!! Truly a moment that your kids will look back on as they are looking for an amazing person to marry and want to be just like you two. Congrats on your perfect man in you life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember all of this, I love that you saved it but even more I love that it all came true! Very cool! Happy Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete