Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009!

So I still have not figured out the right way to upload and move the pics around in the order I want so whatever! Here they are in no particular order, although I wish they were!!! It is a tradition in my family ever since I was a babe to open jamma's on Christmas eve to start the festivities and my mom still gives me a pair. I love it and it brings back the memories of my childhood. Here is Kya and her first pair.
Ipo opening hers.

Kya almost getting them open.


Still working on it!



Ki'Aja and Mom opening their jamma's

This is the best smile I could get out of such a sick kid!
Once the jamma's were open Papa read the Elf on the Shelf book one last time until he flew back to the North Pole with Santa, all the kids said goodbye and went right off to bed!
But not before they all said a prayer with Kee'Onu!

We also feed the reindeer some special food so the can for sure fly home with Santa. Kya even participated on her First Christmas!
Kya helping to feed the reindeer.

Feeding the reindeer...


The gingerbread house tradition on the eve of Christmas!



Keo's side


Aja and all her sides.

Ipo is so creative, it was sad Kee had strep and was too sick to be able to even get out of bed! We missed him. This year Cami and Breanne came to help me wrap the presents and luckily Kev got off at 9ish to help. We were done wrapping by 11 and I am so thankful that they took out time from their holiday to come and help me. I love them so. Kev and I even got to bed at a decent time and it was a lovely day. Did I mention that we left out sugar cookies that Nana helped make the day before? She made the dough and Aja and I rolled it out cut it into shapes and baked them. It was something I could manage to do by sitting on a chair in the kitchen. Then on Christmas eve the kids frosted them and put them on the plate with milk for Santa also. I loved this night, my mom also came over and helped me make a prime rib since I have no clue. It turned out great. We loved the day and night and could not wait for the festivities of the morning.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night! We have a lot of the same traditions! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glad we could help with something. You have a great family and we love you guys too

    ReplyDelete