Monday, February 23, 2009

Haircut by a 3 year old!

Ki'Aja has been asking to have hair like Mommy, Short. I kept thinking I love her hair and the natural highlights, how thick it is etc. But she decided for us, she wanted her hair short and she was going to make it short.
Kevin let me take a nap while he played with the kids. Ki'Aja decided she would find some scissors and sneak off into the living room and chop, chop, chop. Kevin came in 45 minutes later, tapped me on the shoulder to wake me up and said, " We have a small problem" then he showed me a handful of hair, blond beautiful hair. I thought he was kidding. Then he brought Aja in and I could not believe it. I cried and sobbed and cried. I know people think I am so much of an over reactor, but I love my girls' hair. Read the previous post about Ku'uipo and her 8 inch cut. Then you will see. Anyways, I kept thinking of the baby coming and the wonderful family pictures that will be taken and all. I could not see her hair being "fixed" at all. I called a wonderful friend and asked her to come to save the day, and that she did. Love you Stace.
She was not sad at all. She was actually quite happy to have short hair!
I have to say that she can cut at a pretty good angle.

Right before the haircut given by the lifesaver Stacie Hanson. She was so wonderful to come by at 9:30PM to save my sanity and cut Aja's hair so I could sleep.


She was very good at chopping ALL her hair, every area had pieces chopped here and there. The worst part is on her left side where she cut a chunk of it up above her ear. I was hoping to find a way to save the length but that was impossible.
I will post pictures of the fix next. They would not download. Hopefully tomorrow you can see the all new Aja.

3 comments:

  1. LOL...what a stinker! I know exactly how you feel. Remember when Larissa and Karmen did this to each others hair.(and to make it worse, it was right before Kamie's wedding where they were to be flower girls) I was planning on putting their hair all up in curls...NOPE.
    They too were also very proud. I'm sure she looks adorable. Time to start growing out again...crazy times...
    Hope you are feeling ok. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. Don't worry about family pictures you can always pull it up. And as far as chopping her hair goes it could be much worse. Believe me I chopped my hair when I was little and it was a very bad boy cut. You're kids are beautiful no matter what. Hope everything is going ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! My kids have yet to do that, but there is still time. :) I am the same way you are with my girls' hair. We are moms and we have that right! :) The fix turned out cute though. Darling little girl!

    ReplyDelete