Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Late Birthday Mom!!!



November 25, was my mom's birthday and I just have not been up to parr, therefore this is her tribute, LATE, but not forgotten. My mom is my best friend. This past few years have been rough and a huge trial with her health, but regardless she is always striving to have a wonderful relationship with her grand kids and family. She recently had all the kids over to be "candy makers" and they all had aprons and hats and made taffy....Who cares that is was hard as a rock, they all loved it. She makes memories with the kids to last a lifetime. This week she is having them over to do a yearly tradition of making gingerbread houses. I love my mom because she accepts her trials as this is her life and she is going to truck through and make the best of it.
Mom I love you because....
You support Kevin and I in our decision to have a baby.
When you call and I don't answer you think I am dead!! LOL.
You cry when someone scares you.
You are dangerous with a rubber snake, hence Kevin's eye.
You tease my kids relentlessly.
You like to have fun.
Sometimes you are dumb and it makes us laugh.
You like to play jokes, Like when I am writing a check and you tell the cashier that you hope the check doesn't bounce like it did the last few times we went shopping (By the way I have NEVER bounced a check in my life!)....HOW EMBARRASSING!
Speaking of embarrassing.....You write a check to me and in the memo you write "Boob Job." Ya the bank guys always laugh at that one.
You are real and honest.
You are a good mediator when I want to scream at Kevin, too bad you always take his side.
I want all my friends to know you and love you.
You are a true Nana with love, support, and teaching for all the grand kids.
I love you Mom!!!

4 comments:

  1. Way to make me cry. I love all of you so much, I thought I loved being a mom, but being a grandparent is so much more fun. I think I will even cook them breakfast, just like when you were little LOL!! Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make me cry too! I'm so happy you have a wonderful mom...I love Cindy too and wish her a happy belated birthday...I think I love you so much too because you are so much like my mom. Happy Birthday...I love the "boob job" memo...I'm gonna do that to my mom...or sisters...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I did cry! :) maybe it's part of that whole emotional cry-baby syndrome that comes with pregnancy. Thanks for stopping by Stacie, I was actually in the ER last night with my first dose of IVs an zofran. That stuff is amazing. The phenegrine not so much! Congrats to you on baby #5!! I applaud you, because I can't even take care of myself let alone a family... :) :)

    I love the "boob job" memo too, I read somewhere to also put, "stripper fees" in the memo as well LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie, hope your mom had a great birthday. She is so great and loving to all she knows. Hope all is going well and I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete